CANSKATE SESSIONS BEGIN!
posted Sep 20, 2020, 8:58 AM
We are ready to welcome our CANSkaters for the Fall 2020 season! Please arrive 20 minutes prior to the first session for a parent meeting in the Chestermere Rec Centre parking lot.
The first Sunday CANSkate session is on Sunday September 20th, 2:30 to 3:30pm.
The first Thursday CANSkate session is on Thursday September 24th, 4:45 to 5:30pm.
- Please arrive early (2:10pm on Sunday/ 4:20pm on Thursday) and meet in the parking lot for a parent meeting, Covid-19 screening and waiver check. Please do not participate if you feel unwell, have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, or have been out of the country in the past 14 days.
- Please remember to have your child use the bathroom prior to coming to the arena and to wash their hands. Skaters must arrive dressed and ready to go with no bags. Skates, helmet, gloves in hand.
- One parent per family is allowed to enter the rink and everyone must use hand sanitizer on the way in and out of the arena. All parents will be contact traced.
- Skaters will space out by a cone in the blue arena off the ice before entering the ice surface. They will enter in the blue rink and exit through the players box into the dressing room.
- Masks are strongly encouraged for spectators and participants entering and exiting the facility.
Ice Edge Skating Club
STARSKATE FALL 2020 TRAINING SESSIONS BEGIN!
posted Sep 14, 2020, 8:30 AM
StarSkate training is finally here!! We kicked off the season with a Boot Breaker Seminar on Sunday, September 13th, 2020 and now we are ready for our regular season StarSkate Sessions.
StarSkate On-ice and Dry Land Training began the week of September 14th, 2020! Extra Morning Ice Training begins September 23rd, 2020!
On-ice Training Starting Monday, Sep 14th:
- Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 PM (90 minute class)
- Tuesday from 4:00 to 5:30 PM (90 minute class)
- Wednesday from 4:00 to 5:30 PM (90 minute class)
- Thursday from 4:00 to 4:45 PM (45 minute class)
- Friday from 4:00 to 5:15 PM (75 minute class)
- Sunday sessions start on September 27th, from 1:30 to 2:30 PM (1 hour class)
Dry Land Training starting Monday Sep 14th:
- Monday 5:45 PM - 6:15 PM (30 minute class)
- Wednesday 5:45 PM - 6:15 PM (30 minute class)
- Friday 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM (30 minute class)
- Sunday sessions start on September 27th, from 12:00 to 1:00 PM (1 hour class)
Morning On-ice Training starts Wednesday, Sep 23rd/ 25th:
- Wednesday Morning from 6:30 to 7:30 (1 hour class)
- Friday Morning from 6:30 to 7:30 (1 hour class)
CANSKATE AND STARSKATE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!
posted Aug 15, 2020, 11:20 AM
Dear skaters and families,
it has been a busy time leading up to this point, but we are over over the moon to announce that the registration for both our CANSkate and STARSkate programs is now open!!! The Ice Edge Skating Club is excited to welcome back our athletes and meet new aspiring skaters, whether they want to boost their skating skills for a sport like hockey, ringette or speed skating, or figure skate their way to stars, recreationally or at a competitive level!
We cannot wait for everyone to meet our amazing and talented coaching staff, including Coach Candice, Coach Kerri and Coach Brenda, and have fun with us on ice!
Our Fall 2020 programs will start in September at the Chestermere Recreational Centre, strictly following the provincial and SkateCanada guidelines and health protocols.